Healthy Spring Recipes
Now that the weather has warmed up and pool season is almost here, you may be ready to renew your commitment to a healthy lifestyle so you can get outside and feel your best. Start by keeping a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains and take the first step toward gaining more energy and feeling good, inside and out.
Maintaining a healthy diet through each new season requires preparation and a good stash of simple, flavorful recipes that will keep you satisfied. In Spring, fresh produce is available in abundance, and incorporating ripe, local fruits into your weekly meals will not only fill your belly, but keep your plate looking beautiful (and your body feeling good!).
If you're ready to revamp your spring meal plan, but need tips and easy recipes, you've come to the right place. You don't have to eat spinach salads day after day, or live off of carrot sticks in order to eat fresh and healthy. Add these fast and flavor-packed, healthy spring recipes to your family's dinner, lunch and breakfast plans, and you'll be feeling better than ever, in no time.
- Wok-Seared Chicken Tenders with Asparagus and Pistachios. East meets west in this simple stir fry recipe that will have your whole family swooning. Packed with protein, greens and so much flavor, you'll come back to this recipe again and again.
- Open-Face Pesto Chicken Burgers. Break out the grill and cook up these tasty burgers with a pesto twist for a healthy dinner, lunch or afternoon cookout.
- Spinach, Green Onion and Smoked Gouda Quiche. Breakfast, brunch or even breakfast for dinner hasn't looked this good, since....well, you be the judge. Leafy greens and creamy gouda cheese make this quiche a no brainer for almost any meal of the day.
- Beets with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Baby Greens. When you want a light lunch or a fresh salad before dinner, this easy salad is the colorful, delightful and satisfying solution.
- Roast Chicken with Fava Beans. Fava beans are in peak season, and this recipe capitalizes on their bright and delicious flavor perfectly. Feed your whole family with this hearty, savory meal and feel good about it, from start to finish.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Aquavit Seasoning. Hearty, satisfying and pretty to look at, this flavorful pork tenderloin dish will have your mouth watering from the moment you begin to prep.
- Green Eggs and Ham Frittata. Chock full of spinach, leeks and dill, as well as delicious ham, this frittata makes for an excellent weekend breakfast or dinner, with a salad on the side.
- Black Bean and Salmon Tostadas. This zesty tostada dish packs a punch with pickled jalapenos and herbaceous cilantro. Get in your omega 3 fats with wild caught salmon from your local grocer or fishmonger and, boom. You'll love this dish any night of the week (and maybe with a cold drink, as well).
Filed Under: Life in Norfolk, VA
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus